Your Role and Responsibilities
As a network Engineer, you will be placed at customer location and will have to demonstrate expertise in one or more networking technology domain area. You will also be involved in deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and operational maintenance of large-scale Router, Switch and Firewall deployments. You are expected to work on Networking products or solutions based on any vendor hardware /vendor operating system software ( ie Vendor agnostic) with little or minimum support from superiors.E.g. include: Skills on Routers/Switches/ Load balancer. Typical examples of the other deliverables would be of deploying, managing and implementing networking solutions to address client business requirements.
- Designing and installing well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Testing and configuring software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Configure and support the network components such as Firewalls, Routers, Switches and Security
- Responsible for Network Documentation using Visio Tools, MS-PowerPoint
- Configuration and Troubleshooting of a different kind of Access-lists
- Cisco IOS security features and basic knowledge of security vulnerabilities, threats, and attacks about Implementation, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting of Cisco ACS for Authentication,
- Authorization and accounting of network equipment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in IT infrastructure Domain
- In-depth experience in configuring and managing Datacentre Cisco Nexus Switches (5K,7K , 9k )
- Experience in configuring and managing firewalls (Cisco ASA /or Juniper SRX / Fortinet )
- Demonstrable experience in Routing and Switching concept ( Cisco / Juniper Platform)
- Working knowledge in Load balancers technology (Any OEM Citrix / Radware /F5).
- Ability to produce RCA of Severity incidents impacting network with minimum support from Superiors/Seniors within team
- Hands on experience – Hardware Module, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting for the following listed Routers and Switches
- Routers: Cisco 7600, 7500, 7200, 3800, 3700, 3600, 2600, 2900, 1900,1800,1700 series
- Switches: Nexus 7010, 7009, 9300, 3850 Cisco 3500, 2960 series.
- Firewalls: Checkpoint Next Generation FW , Cisco FTD.
- Working knowledge in SDWAN.
- Knowledge on how BSNL/MTNL infrastructure works for their customers’ WAN links.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Having completed CCNP/CCIE/JNCIE lab certification
- Working knowledge of VMware NSX-SDN Solutions