The Quality Analyst II role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of defects, error trends and client requirements. This will include tracking defects as they arise and conduct root cause analysis. The Quality Analyst II will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate the software through careful evaluation to maximize the end quality. This position involves working with cross-functional teams to identify and address quality issues, as well as tracking and reporting on quality metrics.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- Review and provide feasibility feedback based on deep understanding product design and capabilities, generate test plan based on requirements.
- Execute test plan, create, and maintain regression test suite, and validate software meets customer’s expectations through requirement.
- Execute and participate in the testing process, including functional, integration, regression, and documentation with a focus on minimizing defects and rework.
- Collaborates with various product groups and design teams to participate in writing of test documentation.
- Participates in quality activities for complex projects and processes. Mentors level-1 QAs and peers.
- Knowledge on Database and Webservices testing.
- Manages the defect database under the guidance of the Test Lead.
- Proactively seeks and obtains guidance from more experienced team members and uses these opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Identifies, and proposes process improvements in their team or work area.
- Completes test-related tasks as assigned by Test Lead.
- Conducting functional and regression testing of software products to ensure they meet established quality standards and criteria.
- Conducting root cause analyses and implementing corrective actions to address software quality issues.
- Monitoring and tracking software quality metrics to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- 2+ years direct experience as a QA Analyst for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Must have knowledge in all QA methodologies, software lifecycles, quality best practices and tools.
- Ability to design, create and implement test cases for complex features.
- 2 years of hands-on experience on SQL/Oracle databases.
- Well versed with Functional, integration, regression testing phases.
- Knowledge on any automation tool/framework
- Exposure in security and performance testing.
- Experience with core software applications, including web and client/server applications.
- 2 years of experience in API testing of REST or/and SOAP web services.
- Experience with Bug Test Management Tools such as JIRA, HP ALM, Azure Test Plans etc
- 2 years of experience with the agile methodology for software development teams.
Work Experience Requirements :
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience in QA Analyst II.
Select Minds LLC. seeks Master’s + 2 yr. Exp/Equiv.: QA Analyst II (SMQAII23) SoapUI, SQL, Agile, JIRA, Terradata and Splunk. Mail resume with job ID # to HR:1750 E Golf Rd, Suite 395 C, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Unanticipated worksite locations throughout U.S. Foreign Equiv. accepted.