Roles and Responsibilities
Job Description: Data Architect
Location: Unanticipated worksite locations throughout U.S. Foreign Equiv. accepted.
Basic Function :
- The Big Data Architect works closely with the customer and the solutions architect to translate the customer’s business requirements into a Big Data solution.
- This includes understanding the customer data requirements, platform selection, design of the technical architecture, design of the application and interfaces, and development, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution.
- Has the ability to design enterprise-grade large-scale data processing systems and help identify the best options for architecture.
- The Big Data Architect also understands the complexity of data and can design systems and models to handle a different variety of data with varying levels of volume, velocity, and veracity.
- Should have independently worked on proposing architecture, design, and data ingestion concepts in a consultative model.
- Leads client assessments, preparing current state and future state architectures along with go-forward recommendations.
- Will work with the practice leads and account management team to develop statements of work, implementation plans, resource plans, and project estimates
Essential Functions :
- Has a deep understanding and experience with several of the following: Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Project Management, Project Estimation
- Advanced knowledge of design and architecture patterns and methodologies.
- Demonstrated work ethic, focus, and self-discipline
- Has and maintains a deep understanding of the role of big data in business and the enterprise.
- Propose recommended and/or best practices regarding the movement, manipulation, and storage of data in a big data solution including data ingestion, data storage options, query techniques, data variety, volume & velocity,
- Collaborate with project teams on the platform development process from inception to production deployment, including project scheduling, design, implementation, and coordination with other team members.
- Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop cross-function technology stack interactions.
- Research and experiment with emerging technologies and tools related to big data.
- Experience in scaling applications on big data platforms to massive size.
- Performing solution architecture in adherence to enterprise architecture governance.
- Bridging business and development team.
- Long-term development and Technical expertise in DW/BI Practice, communicate well with all stakeholders, optimize objectives, leverage state of the art tools and best practices, integrate into corporate systems, and deliver on time.
- Deep understanding in Data Warehousing, Enterprise Architectures, Dimensional Modelling, Star & Snow-flake schema design, Reference DW Architectures, ETL Architect, ETL (Extract/Transform/Load), Data Analysis, Data Conversion/Transformation, Database Design, Data Warehouse Optimization, Data Mart Development, and Enterprise Data Warehouse Maintenance and Support, etc.
- Should have independently worked on proposing architecture, design and data ingestion concepts.
Technical Skills (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities) :
- Experience with enterprise data management, Business Intelligence, data integration, and SQL database implementations
- Experience with the major big data solutions like Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, Scala, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux, PHP, Ruby, Python, and/or R. As well as have experience in working with ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, Pentaho etc.
- He or she should have experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL platforms.
- Experience in data migration from relational databases to Hadoop HDFS
- Propose best practices/standards
- Translate, load, and present disparate datasets in multiple formats/sources including JSON, XML, etc.
Technical Skills :
Hadoop stack including HDFS cluster, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, and Impala
Web Technologies CSS, DHTML, XML, Hight Charts, Linux
ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, and/or Pentaho.
Query: SQL, No SQL Concepts
Ingest : Kafka, Sqoop, Flume
Databases: Postgres, Mongo DB, Cassandra, HBase
Languages: Java, Scala
Good to Have Skills :
Core: AWS, Hadoop, Yarn
Process: Agile-Scrum, Iterative Development, DevOps, CI
Analytics: Descriptive, Predictive (Added advantage)
Tools: Jenkins and TFS
Languages: Python, Java Enterprise
Education Requirements: Master’s degree or Equlent
Work Experience Requirements :
- Minimum 1+ years of professional experience in Data Architecture.
Select Minds LLC. seeks Master’s + 1 yr. Exp/Equiv.: Data Architect (SMDA21) Python, Cobol, CICS, Spark, Mongo, DB2, and Oracle. Mail resume with job ID # to HR:1750 E Golf Rd, Suite 395 C, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Unanticipated worksite locations throughout U.S. Foreign Equiv. accepted.